Monday, October 22, 2007

Thing 2

Life long learning is one of the best kept secrets of anti-aging. The more open we are to learning new things, the better the quality of our lives will be. The students in Mesquite ISD are continually being reminded of life long learning. They are surrounded by faculty and staff who attend workshops and take graduate level classes.
I think that the powerpoint in this section would be a valuable tool for our ICT and AVID classes. The content of these classes focuses on learning how to be the best learner the student can be through many avenues. Technology, note-taking and research strategies, and higher level thinking skills are emphasized, just as they should be for a life long learner. For me, the easiest habit of a life-long learner is habit 2, accepting responsibility for my own learning. I enjoy reading and researching for myself. The hardest habit for me is to use technology to my advantage. I do not go to technology first whenever I am looking for help or information. You would think that I would use the computer freely when I run into an information problem; I still rely on the printed word for most of my information. Just being aware of the 7 1/2 habits is a good start; putting them into practice will be my challenge.

1 comment:

mmw said...

Feel free to share the link to the Lifelong Learning Habits with any teachers you like.